Duality

Saturday, January 30, 2016
I was looking at an astrology chart a friend made for me, and realized some things were really spot on, while others not so much. It did make me think about the person I am, the inner person that makes me tick. I'm a Virgo, born September 9th, in a certain year (lol) at a certain time of day, and some of the things listed about my personality based on those things were uncanny.  The main thing I realized was that I, like most of us, have a natural duality.

Here is the chart. My friend has nicknamed me "Polly Purebred." Just add that to my growing list of nicknames like Sasquatch, Octowilly, and Foo Foo.




That duality is what makes us unique. Each of us have different percentages of naughty and nice, sugar and spice, yes and no, happiness and sadness, optimism and pessimism, childlikeness and responsibility.

Duality is what enables us to be extremely sensual yet innocent and sometimes childlike. I tend to look at the world as a continuous adventure with the next exciting experience just around the corner. And although I'm not a social butterfly, I enjoy new experiences, and am not a fearful or timid person. I am shy, at first, but never timid. Those are two completely different things, in my opinion.

Wow, I guess if I was a Pokemon, I'd be Eevee:


My dual nature allows me to seek the purity and beauty in the world, yet also to enjoy the abstract and unusual. I like flowers...the colors, the shapes, the scents, but only when they're in the ground. That's where they belong, not dying in a giant vase on my nightstand. I love the purity and beauty of things, but don't like it when something of purity and beauty is put in a place it doesn't belong and becomes a detriment to itself.


My dual nature has a longing for the light, but a fascination for the dark. A love of the sunshine, and an awestruck wonder for the thunderstorm. I love raindrops on my skin as much as I love the tingling feeling of sunshine on my face. I love the salty waves of the ocean in the summer, and the white capped mountains in winter (obviously not in Florida, lol).

If I was an anime, I could be this:


or this:


or this:


But probably a combination of all them...

And I guess each sign has different eyes...here's a chart I found:


I can be naughty and nice, sugar and spice. I'm a tomboy, yet still all girl where and when it really counts. I clean up pretty good, and sometimes I like to wear dresses and heels. But I also love climbing things, don't mind getting dirty, and doing "boy" like things like shooting guns and racing.


And here's an interesting thing about seducing a Virgo, lol:


So, yeah, I'm not perfect, but I'm unique and I'm content with me. It was fun reading about my personality traits, and although some caused me to think about areas I need to improve, other insights caused me to realized that I, just like you, are very special in our own unique ways...


Happy Saturday, y'all...

1 comments:

  1. Shadow said...:

    Hmmm, once again a most telling blog post. Without putting to much thought behind it I'll just say duality could also mean hidden as well as telling. It's all in the stars just ask any unicorn.

Post a Comment

Leave your much appreciated comment here....